Thursday, February 9, 2012

Syria: Medicine as a Weapon of Persecution, Testimony No. 9



TRANSCRIPT:"We left our villages for the city. It was my first demonstration.We arrived and we were surprised.We were expecting a 'normal' demonstrationwith water canon, tear gas, etc.To break us up, they fired machine guns, real bullets....There were snipers also. It was indescribable.I was hit in the shoulder. I was with another demonstrator who I saved.We hid in a building waiting for it to calm down.The area was shelled for two hours.I wanted to help a wounded man but he refused.People had told him that injured peoplewere killed at the hospital.We couldn't do anythingbut I bandaged his woundwith a bit of fabric that a woman gave me...The doctor in the village is pro-regime.He refuses to treat the injured.In the hospital in my village, they just gave me first aidbecause nobody wants to stay at the hospital.You go in one day, and the next day 'they' come and get you.You make do with what you find in the pharmacies: medicines, disinfectants, etc.One scene I remember in particularwas a man with his face hidden,crushing an injured person with his feet."[Who?]One of "them", security, in military gear."Judging by his uniform, he was an officer.At the end, the officerfinished off the injured man.I witnessed that scene with my very own eyes."

No comments:

Post a Comment