Thursday, February 9, 2012

Syria: Medicine as a Weapon of Persecution, Testimony No. 8



TRANSCRIPT:"I was injured during the demonstration.I was on a motorcycle.I saw a man who wasdragging an injured person out of the crowd.They stopped me and said, 'Take us with you!'There were three of us on the motorcylewith the injured person between us.They shot at us. The other guy who wasn't injured was shot.The man at the back fell off the motorcycle.It was only me and the injured man left. We fled.They kept shooting at us."[Who was shooting?]"The security forces!I was pushed up against a security vehicle. We fell and they beat us up.Everybody in the vehicle got out.About fifty of them were hitting us with the butts of their guns.They were beating us, beating us....I had an injured leg and a bloodied face.I lost consciousness.The other guy with me,after the beating, was almost dead.He was still alive the last time I saw him.As for me, the blood was flowing from my ears,my nose, my mouth... they left me for dead.Some people put me in a blanket and brought me to a makeshift hospital.There, some women gave me first aid.I don't know what aid exactly... I stayed 13 days and then I was able to leave."

No comments:

Post a Comment